Welcome to Moms Probs Odds and Jobs! This is a place to discuss common issues for parents in society today. You will find links to all of my articles, as well as links to excellent resources for the topics. Enjoy!

If you are looking for a particular article, use the search box in the top left corner.


Thursday 1 March 2012

The Verbal Skills of Babies and How You Can Encourage Development

As a new mother, my most common question is “Is my baby developing normally and how does she compare to other babies her age? What can I do to stimulate her development?”

As her physical development is above average (rolling at 14 weeks, up on hands and knees at 5 months,) her verbal development is at question. At the age of 6 months, the only sounds I have heard are “ah” “ooo”, the occasional squeal and the recent “ya ya ya”. There have been a few small giggles, but nothing I would classify as a laugh. Both my husband and I were questioning her verbal development, so I decided to do some research.

To read the full article, CLICK HERE

For more great ideas on how to stimulate your baby or toddler, CLICK HERE 

No comments: